Monday, October 18, 2010

On our way to Moscow

Happy Monday everyone! Only four more days and we will be on an airplane headed to Russia...hopefully. With such short notice, we didn't get much time to order our visas. We are supposed to receive our visas on Friday and we leave on Saturday morning at 7:00 am. Please pray that we receive these travel documents! Without this visa (which is enclosed in our passports) we will not be going anywhere. We are anxiously awaiting our trip and get more and more nervous every day. On Wednesday we are headed to Charlotte to get our fingerprints done. We had this scheduled through homeland security weeks ago before we found out about our little man. It is one of the only documents we are missing for our adoption to be finalized!

We are packing our stuff (well, I am packing my stuff) and trying to get little details together. We had to order crisp $100 bills from the bank and will pick that up this week. Last night we watched videos on Russian history and travel guides. We are looking forward to visiting the Kremlin, St. Basil's Cathedral, and GUM (the oldest and biggest department store in the World). Well, I am probably the only person looking forward to visiting GUM.

When we get back we will be running around crazy trying to get everything ready. We have a lot to do and I want to be ready in case it is short notice again!

I know I should get some sleep, but that is easier said than done. I spent most of the weekend getting ready to be out of work for a week. All those teachers out there know how hard it is to do sub plans for a week! Tonight I had to finish grading a few papers when what I really wanted to do is look at the weather channel and pack toys to bring to the orphanage.

Ok, ok, ok I am going to sleep. I am sure the typing is driving my husband crazy.

Love you all,

Cassidy (Hagen's mom)

2 comments:

  1. This is all just the best story!!! Thanks again for sharing the journey with us. I know there is alot to do to get ready to go however,I would think being busy makes the time go faster. Just take it day by day. It would be overwhelming for me just going to Russia! aside from the fact that you are meeting your son.Anyway, sounds like ya'll are doing all the right things. (I'm sure everyone besides me knew there were travel videos) but I have looked up the weather in Moscow, Russia on weather.com (looks like you will need a jacket, ha)And we will just have to track down those passports and visas!!! Can't wait for more blog entries. Love you all, Moosey

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exiting Cassidy! Thanks for posting this on facebook so I could follow!!

    ReplyDelete