Friday, November 5, 2010

Back to reality...


Happy Friday everyone! We have been back from Russia for almost a week now and boy does it stink! We are so glad that we finally got to meet our little boy. He is the most precious baby boy we have ever seen. He has such a wonderful temperment and really enjoyed getting out of his crib to crawl around! He is definitely a mover and we will have our hands full!
It was very hard leaving him but we knew that this was part of the process. That definitely did not make it any easier. Andy and I still look at pictures daily and watch video. We have had a week to settle back into our normal routine. Andy is working a lot and I am trying to control 130 14 year olds. Everyday we miss him a little more. It is so hard to become so attached to something and then have it disappear. I am constantly wondering what he is doing or if he is doing something major that I will always miss. I am worried he will begin to walk or say his first word. He is already such a big boy but the next time I see him he will look different. I have found it very hard to concentrate at work. I am just waiting for the call that will tell us when we get our court date. I am hoping we have him before his 1st birthday (Christmas Eve), but I am trying not to get my hopes up. I can honestly say that I loved him from the moment I saw him. I can't wait to get him home!
We love all of you,
Cassidy

1 comment:

  1. I'm still praying for ya'll to have an extra dose of patience to get through this wait. Staying busy is good and remember, that light at the end of the tunnel is very bright! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete