Thursday, September 16, 2010

Moscow Dossier Complete

Hello folks! I apologize for not blogging as often as I should, but we have been so busy pulling together all of our Moscow Dossier documents! This week, we traveled to Columbia where we visited the Secretary of State's Office. Due to the Hague Convention, all documents sent to Russia must apostilled (ap-o-steeled) by the Secretary of State. This is really just a fancy word for notarizing the notary! We ran into one hiccup but were able to work it out! We sent our final documents to the agency where they will check them out and send them to Russia! In Russia, the documents will be translated and we will be registered. They will begin to look for a boy for us! This process is called the "referral." The referral process can take 2-5 months. After we are matched, we will take our first trip to Russia to meet our little boy! While we do have a couple of documents that we are waiting on, for the most part we are just waiting on our referral. We are hoping to visit Russia by the end of the year! I know we will have many things come up while we wait, but we are happy to have our documents in someone else's hands! I was so nervous to let them out of my sight that I eyed the UPS woman the entire time she was getting them ready to mail. She probably thought I was a stalker!

As I mentioned in our last blog, we have decided on a name! We are happy to announce that our son's name will be Hagen Garrett Ethridge. Both names honor friends who have died too soon. Hagen: Joshua Ferguson Hagen
Garrett: Jeremy Garrett Deyton

Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I'll try and post a comment again.Well, at least ya'll can say that you are an expert in paperwork!!!My goodness, what a process.I will send another prayer up for an extra dose of patience. Anyway, thanks for sharing the news. Love, Moosey

    ReplyDelete